3.05.2003

my foot is out the door and you can't stop me now

Subbed at Washington again today. I was sitting in the class waiting for the 1st period tardy bell to ring, and a group of five students came in, saw me, and said "Yes! Mr. Perdue!" Once I got over the fact that they called me Mr. Perdue I was happy with the fact that they were excited to have me as their sub. They'd been in the history class I worked last Friday and I guess they liked me. Hehe. I enjoyed my day, Kirstin from the youth group made me lunch and I hung out with her, Phil, and a couple of their friends. I'm not sure a job combination gets better than this. And can you imagine a better job than substitute teaching for maintaining/building/creating relationships with students?

Besides cop maybe. Hehe.

Tomorrow I'm subbing at Walters, a Jr. High. I'm not as excited about that, but it's work. I was tempted to wait it out and not accept the job to see if I got a call from Washington, but I'm not sure how to do that without getting a call every five minutes. Plus the guy specifically requested me cause he got my name from a lady at church. So I guess I should take it. Hopefully Friday I get a call from Washington. Fridays I usually get calls.

So that would mean three days of sub work this week! Looking up I say, looking up. I'm not yet at the point where I can pick and choose my jobs but I sure hope I get to the point where I can just work one or two schools (one of them being Washington).

I finished reading The Emerging Church today and it was a freakin' awesome book. There are a lot of people that want to borrow it from me too. The book's only ten bucks. I'm thinking of buying a copy for my pastor, as an early birthday present or something. I'm reluctant to lend mine out quite yet cause I'm not sure I'm done with it. The book has excited me and inspired me to do some more reading. That rules. Ministry rules. Lots of things rule.

My camera once again breaking is not one of those things. I refuses to deploy the lens. I've shipped it to Fuji twice and it's done me no good. The thing works sporadically, I don't get it. When I sent it to them last it was working by the time it got to them so they fixed nothing. I'm not sure it's even worth sending again. Sucks cause it's a nifty camera and I love takin' pictures. Ah well.

I came across a Deception Dollar at school today. First time I'd seen one of those. Mindless criticism of authority annoys me.

And oh yes, Frances now has a livejournal. She's now linked on the left there, so check it out.

I'm not sure why, but I like Zwan (warning: cracked out web page) more than I liked Smashing Pumpkins. The Pumpkins hold a certain nostalgic value for me, since they remind me of Jr. High and High School, late night sessions with friends and whatnot, but I don't consider them especially wonderful. In fact I think Billy Corgan's voice could be considered borderline irritating. But I like Zwan. Why is that?

No comments: