4.02.2003

sup dawg

Today was an odd day; I was inexplicably tired. Well, perhaps not inexplicably, since I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in over a week. But I was more tired than I thought I should've been. Still had a good day though. Took care of a few things around the house, met up and talked with Brandon, and worked some more on getting an adult volunteer packet together for...um...adult volunteers.

Had a little mini high school reunion at Bay St. tonight. Talked a while with Ben and Tina. It's pretty funny to me how I'm better friends with more people from high school now than I was when I was in high school. I always thought Ben was a cool guy, and we were in a lot of classes together. But Tina, she was one of those people where I just knew her name and who she was. But now I know that she's pretty darn cool and likes good movies and call her my friend. It's weird where life takes ya.

I should get some rest. Tomorrow I have my last day with the home hospital students I took over for the week. They're pretty different too. One's a 3rd grader with leukemia - he has chemo on Fridays. Poor guy. The other is a junior in high school - she's pretty cool. I think I enjoy her the most so far out of all my students. We spend the time discussing stories and history and our thoughts about them and how they apply to things today; she's pretty smart so we can get our minds churning a bit. It's just a little daunting showing up where I can't give her busywork to kill time - I have to carry on a conversation for ninety minutes, ya know? Haven't had a problem yet though, I'm sure it'll be fine.

One last thing - you know what's good? Cottage cheese with honey and fruit. Mmmmmm.

No comments: