4.06.2003

i'll write sincerely yours and sign my name

The weekend has been pretty spectacular so far. Friday night I went with Nate and Jesse to the A's game. Nate had a good hookup through work and we got great seats, the best I'd ever been in. Once Jesse put away the thundersticks he'd saved from Tuesday night I was able to truly enjoy the game. Thankfully he didn't make it through the second batter with those accursed things. Lilly did a good job, if he can perform like that consistently then I like our chances. The #4 and 5 spots in the rotation have been terribly inconsistent - but I'm guessing that's probably the norm with most teams. There aren't that many awesome pitchers to go around. So the game was a lot of fun.

Saturday I went to a youth ministry training thing with a few friends, my de facto youth team. I enjoyed the time and if it weren't for trickery I would have been the Champion of "count the fingers on your hands." I'm not sure of the official title of the game we played, but that works for me. Of course it was a woman that beat me - devious creatures, they are. Church on Saturday night was pretty good, I did the whole welcome dealie where you get up and try to make everyone feel welcome and at ease after the worship set. I did a better job than I've done the past couple times, and the same for this morning. We were also able to hand out t-shirts, which we'd sold as a fundraiser for the youth ministry. Frances did a fabulous job with the fundraiser and it was super easy to get everyone what they ordered. So props to Frances!

Today was awesome because Jesse and I went disc golfin' in Santa Cruz. The weather was fairly blah, but it was a lot of fun. Neither of us did particularly well, though Jesse did record his first 2 on one of the holes. It seemed like the trees were uprooting to get in the way of our discs. In fact I'm pretty sure they were. After golfing we gorged ourselves on Round Table pizza and breadsticks. We also discovered that Metal Slug 3 rules because in Level 2 when you get killed by a zombie you become a zombie yourself. Rule. It was just one of those days where I appreciated the heck out of Jesse's company and it was clear to see why we're such good friends. He rules.

While changing in one of the church's bathrooms I noticed an odd sign placement. We have this little house on the church campus that we use for classroom space and whatnot. We also share the campus with another church, which likes to print up little statements on paper and put them on various walls. Well, right next to the toilet in this bathroom is a sign declaring: "You would be surprised if you planted pumpkins and corn sprouted. It's a natural law to reap what we sow." Maybe I'm just weird.

In other news: don't you hate those sites that take urls close to what you'd guess for real companies (such as www.inandoutburger.com) and then bombard you with pop-ups? I do. There should be a law against them. Getting rid of them is especially bothersome on a laptop.

No comments: