8.16.2005

my rental car


While my Saturn is in the shop, I'm driving a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS. It's sweet, man. When you press on the gas, it just keeps accelerating. It's all comfortable and stuff too. The ride is smooth, the steering equally so, and it has a nifty display that says how many miles you can go before you run out of gas. These are all standard for current cars I know, but I find them awesome. I am quite blessed, of course, in the car department, since I don't have a car payment, and we have two reliable cars, one of which I didn't even have to pay for. I'm just saying, I'm looking forward to some time in the future when I can get a newer car...they really do ride better. Of course, I'd rather have $350+ a month that I'd be spending on a car payment in my pocket, or in the bank, or paying for something more important. But I understand the appeal of a nice, newish car. I don't think I'll ever buy a car brand new, but a year or two old, definitely.

No comments: