11.20.2002

mask of a thousand faces

Good night tonight. Semi-late but I'll make my 10am appointment with no real bags under my eyes. And as usual stellar company.

Found out today that I'll be preaching at church next weekend, at the Saturday night and Sunday morning services. Come and hear if you want a larf. The message is on whether or not temptation is a sin. I've got a few ideas running around in my head and I'm meeting my pastor tomorrow for a few minutes to get the ideas he has. This is the shortest time I've had to prepare a message before (though only the second time I've prepared one for "big church"), so that's sort of exciting and scary at the same time. I'm sure it'll be fine. God has a way of working these things out. And if I suck - well, He'll work that out too.

This weekend I will be attending my very first lock in. It's this sadistic thing where you take a bunch of high school students and put them in a large room from 7pm-8am. Apparently there will be all manner of different things going on, from eating to movie-watching to music to church at sunrise. But very little sleeping. I'm almost afraid. I'm lookin' forward to it though, especially if I can get a good bit of my kids to come. I'm going to start spreading the word tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a good day because it will be a busy day. I like having things to do. And I have things-to-do-aplenty. G'night.

No comments: