7.12.2003

that's CAPTAIN Jack Swallow

Yesterday I got a call from Laura, who I haven't seen in too long, and we ended up seeing a couple movies with her cool cousin Paul. For a 12-year-old that guy was a big storehouse of movie quotes. Not only that, but he knew when to use them. The boy will be a heartbreaker; especially with that dye job on his hair. We watched Pirates of the Caribbean and I spent much of the time marveling at how gorgeous Natalie Portman was. At first I wasn't sure it was her, but about fifteen minutes in I decided it was, it had to be. So I get home and I start reading a few reviews about how this Keira Knightley starred in the movie...and it turns out Natalie Portman was nowhere near it. As it turns out Knightley played Sabe, one of Amidala's decoys, in the Phantom Menace. So there is precedent for the two of them looking alike; I mean, they could be twins. Anyway, Pirates was a very entertaining movie, and you should go see it, if only for Johnny Depp's awesome performance. We watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen late last night. It was a pretty good action movie I suppose - definitely no POTC - but entertaining enough. Anyway, a good day in a surprising way, didn't expect to see Laura - and I managed to fit in dinner with Adam, Danny, and Masa.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to speed. Well, here's Jesse's take. Because LJ sucks I can't link directly to his entry - but find the one titled "speeding" and behold a snapshot of how Jesse works. I find it somewhat amusing that he spent a number of days in San Diego, and Kansas City - but he doesn't get around to updating his journal until the day he's canoeing in the bayou.

No comments: