7.14.2003

smorgasboard

So I am in the process of devising a name for the new church-within-a-church that I am a part of starting this fall. I have a number of candidates but I'm not sure what to go with. I want the name to sort of encapsulate the idea of what life with Christ is supposed to be. I think that's what I want anyway. I don't want to fall into the trap of picking some cheesy name though, or using a latin word cause it's cool to use latin words. That being said, I have a number of latin or latin-sounding words as candidates. If you feel so inclined, and the commenting utility is working, let me know what you think about some of these. If you can't comment, feel free to drop me a mail about it.

consummo \ contineo \ libero \ libertas \ anhelo \ anima \ vita \ vivo \ renewal \ awaken \ wake \ essence

Right now the title of "be" has been in my head, but I've received no responses other than people laughing at me when I tell them about it. So those are the ideas running through my head right now. Ideas, suggestions, etc are welcome.

On an unrelated note...I think I should change the banner up atop my site. I don't know if I can still call myself a "recent college grad." Aside from that it seems a little pretentious to me. I think I made it on a day when I'd looked at a bunch of other blogs, some of which took themselves quite seriously, and it may have rubbed off a bit.

No comments: