8.31.2007

Psalm 13

Paul's mother passed away this week unexpectedly, so I've been asked to preach this weekend.  This is one of the two passages I'm working from.  I don't have anything especially profound to say, except I greatly appreciate this Psalm.

Psalm 13
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
       How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
       and every day have sorrow in my heart?
       How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
       Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
       and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
       my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
       for he has been good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mikey Go says... you should post them porm you read on Sunday