5.01.2005

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

Friday night Janelle and I went to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with some new friends we've been hanging out with, Erik and Sarah. Erik was much more familiar with Hitchhiker lore than me, so he was able to point out some little things in the movie that were fan service for true devotees of the Hitchhiker's universe.

Overall the movie was better than I anticipated, since I'd heard some highly negative reviews from people who love Adams. It was pretty funny, and Janelle even dug it, which is pretty awesome because she usually doesn't like stuff like that. If you liked reading the book you'd probably like the movie.

I'm gathering more and more of the necessary materials to submit my application to Golden Gate Seminary. I am actually eager to start taking classes again. Looking at my transcripts in envelopes from Ohlone and Cal State Hayward reminds me that I took a bunch of classes in colleges for four years and got a degree. It seems like a long time ago since I did all that, like a blur. Time flies.

No comments: