2.09.2005

two things

First, Janelle alerted me to the news about a judge in Oklahoma having his career ended by allegations that he was masturbating underneath the bench during trials. Her take on it was more compassionate than my first response, she said that it's a sad sight of sexual addiction really taking over someone's life. Man.

Second, I think I'm going to give something up for lent. I'm not sure what it is I'm going to give up, though. Since lent starts today, I'd better make up my mind quickly. I'm considering chocolate, but when I said that out loud to Janelle this morning I was struck by how un-manly that sounds. Anyway I'm being careful about what I partake in until I decide what it is I'm going to give up. I've never given anything up for lent before. I think next year I am going to try to get together an observance of the whole Easter season, with Lent, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and the other such traditional celebrations. I think there's a lot to the season that I, and many I know, miss out on.

No comments: