6.24.2003

hey kids rock and roll, nobody tells you where to go

I haven't updated much lately, I know. My adoring public is withering away without my golden nuggets of wisdom. It's been partially due to laziness and partially due to the fact that I've been preparing to leave town for a bit. The next couple of weeks for me are as follows...

I leave tomorrow morning for summer camp in Anaheim. We're driving down in two vans, rented from Pleasanton. We spend four days at camp, driving home on Sunday. We leave Sunday around noontime from Anaheim. After we arrive home, the kids are situated, and the van is returned to P-town, I will call up Tedro and he'll drive me to SFO. My plane departs at midnight, and after a layover in Dallas I arrive in Kansas City around 8:30am local time. From there Nate and I will drive the six or seven hours to Cornerstone, where I will be for the week. On July 6th the festival ends and we will return to Nate's home in KC for some quality BBQ. I'm told Nate's dad's BBQ rivals my dad's...which is no small feat. I am therefore already looking forward to a meal that is two weeks away. After that Nate and I will catch a flight back to SFO and my two weeks of camping insanity will be over. During that time I doubt I will be anywhere near internet access. So you all take care now.

I'll leave with a couple things for you to take a look at...

An article on home churches in the Seattle area. They basically seem like small groups...but more formal? Or is it more informal?

A quote from someone else's blog, I don't remember whose. I thought it was amusing:

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my gosh... I could be eating a slow learner." - Lynda Montgomery"

I just picked up Disputed Questions by Thomas Merton. I've heard a bit about him and he appears to have been quite the prolific author. After this book I plan on checking out some more of his stuff, provided I like it. His autobiography, The Seven Storey Mountain, is supposed to be some sort of classic. Who knew?

I look forward to being away from my responsibilities for a while. Summer camp won't be that, as it sort of is a bunch of my responsibility manifest into one trip. But I'm really hoping my trip to Cornerstone is relaxing and rejuvenating. When I come home there will be many changes with my position at the church, and I will be kicking into high gear not only with the youth ministry but with starting up that new church some of you have heard about. More to come later...I hope and pray God will speak to me a bit on this trip and help to clarify this vision He has given me only fleeting glimpses of so far. Take care, y'all.

No comments: