12.17.2002

cheesecake good

Monday was a good day, save one screwup. First, the screwup. My clothes dryer broke today. Not broke as in it stopped working though. Broke as in it has decided to redecorate any articles of clothing unlucky enough to be tossed inside of it with nice streaks of blackness, likely ink, randomly placed about the garment. My favorite pair of pants was thusly decorated today, as were a few of my most favored t-shirts. There was much frustration and annoyance.

But the rest of the day was good, especially the evening. After spending some time with Brandon and talking about the upcoming church service our youth group is overtaking, I went out with a group to have a bit of a farewell dinner for Melissa. We ate at the glorious Cheesecake Factory in San Jose - and while the food was wonderful it was secondary to the company. It was great to see Sara again, who I haven't had dinner with in a while. There were numerous weeks not too long ago where more nights than not we were at the same dinner table. Those days are gone but it was like being with an old friend seeing her again, so I appreciated the heck out of that. In general we just had a good time at the table, there were 14 or 15 of us, lots of cheesecake, and lots of laughing. What more could you ask for? Maybe a bigger stomach so you could finish your dinner and your cheesecake...but that bigger stomach comes with some side effects that may not be so favorable. Can you tell I'm tired?

I am incredibly stoked because tomorrow night will kick off my Two Towers feeding frenzy, wherein I spend 9 of the following 24 hours watching said movie. Overkill? Probably. Fun? Definitely. Besides, it's not like I'm watching Zombie vs. Mardi Gras nine times.

No comments: