9.24.2007

Player hurts himself arguing with ump

I liked Milton Bradley as an Oakland Athletic.  He showed no real signs of the hot temper that has hurt him throughout his career.  He was a little injury prone but played well when he was on the field, and he gave us some memorable moments.  Once he was traded to the Padres, however, he let fly with lots of criticisms about the A's and my Milton love decreased.  Apparently yesterday he hurt himself arguing with the umpire.  This is funny because of Bradley's proclivity to get injured but also because he made this comment, after having to be repeatedly restrained from trying to attack the umpire (note the italicized portions):

"It's terrible. And now, because of him, my knee's hurt," said Bradley, a second-half catalyst for the Padres who was in his third game back from an injury that sidelined him for nearly two weeks. "If this costs me my season because of that, he needs to be reprimanded. I'm taking some action. I'm not going to stand pat and accept this because I didn't do nothing wrong."

Are you kidding me?  What's even stupider is that the Padres seem to be backing him up on this, blaming the umpires for goading him into blowing up.  Good to see personal responsibility is alive and well.

No comments: