7.05.2007

On Vacation

Just a quick update here from Utah.  We're here at some timeshare resort thing about 90 minutes from Salt Lake City.  The weather has been pretty good - and hot.  This is my first time meeting many of the people on Janelle's mom's side of the family, and I'm "re-meeting" a number of them who I only barely remember from the wedding (almost three years ago!).  The first couple nights Belle was still really sick, she stayed up crying.  Her appetite hasn't been great, but last night was the best so far and it seems her fever is just about gone.  The first couple days weren't too relaxing...but it's nice to be away regardless.

I have to preach this weekend so I sort of have that hanging over my head, but I'm doing my best to not think about it.  I have the rough draft written and I'll just go over it and practice once Saturday.  It's on the shorter side so at least if it's not that great Saturday it'll be shorter, and I'll be able to tweak it for Sunday morning.

A few of the men in the family are currently on a bit of a Go kick.  I haven't really played it since Schlichter got into it however many years ago.  It's pretty fun, as I remember, but I'm not as good as I used to be.  Not that I was that great...but I got my butt severely kicked yesterday worse than I ever lost to Kevin.

I was also introduced to a site that does a good job of introducing you to the basics of Go, it takes you through a lot of the ideas and gives you great practice, etc.  If you want to learn Go, check this site out - The Interactive Way To Go.  In fact I encourage you to go check it out and then play Go with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.