4.02.2007

Play Ball

Hallelujah, it's opening day!

Today is the day every baseball fan thinks their team has a chance. Today the sun shines a little brighter, the birds sing a little clearer, and the sky looks a little...bluer. I love baseball season and I'm so glad it's back. The A's begin their defense of the AL West crown today against a team they completely dominated (17-2) last year. Let's hope the Mariners don't make up for lost time this season.

Today Danny Haren faces "the King" Felix Hernandez. I'm up at school today but you can rest assured that on my break I will find my way into some Mill Valley sports venue (should such a place exist) to watch my beloved green and gold take the field.

This season I am hoping to see Travis Buck deliver on the hype, watch Harden stay healthy all season, and see Nick Swisher turn into a bonafide supahstar.

No comments: