1.14.2007

Windows Live Writer

I'm a sucker for new programs even if they aren't particularly useful.  Windows Live Writer seems nifty.  It's a program you put on your desktop that you can use to write blog posts and upload them without having to connect to a particular website, etc.  It's WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get" for you non-nerdy) and makes it pretty easy to edit and publish posts from what I can tell.  Blogger has its own fairly useful post-writing tool but I guess this is cool too.  I'm sure there are all sorts of features I know nothing about.  My biggest problem with this program is that it's a bit harder to do the picture thing than with Blogger, and the difficult of entering tags/labels for the posts.  This post is sort of a dry run.

One feature I find pretty awesome is the "Insert Map" option.  I can plug in an address and get a nifty satellite view of a place.  It's not especially useful but it is neato.  For example, let's say I want to describe the building I had most of my classes at when I was at CSU Hayward.  I could talk about it and then show you this picture.  I'm not sure why I would ever whant to describe it, or why this picture would be particularly useful...but it's things like this that make people like me happy.

Anyway, we'll see if this is actually useful or something I stick with.  But for now it's fun enough to keep my attention.

No comments: