6.01.2003

panzarotti = good

I have fully immersed myself in Chicago cuisine. I'm almost sick of eating this stuff. It'll be nice to get back to California and suck down a Jamba or seven. Tonight I had a panzarotti, which is a calzone except it's fried instead of baked. Had it with some jardinaire, which is vegetable-spicy-stuff. This definitely is an awesome place to visit as far as eating goes, but it'd be very bad to live here.

The trip to the lake house was good. I noted it's sort of odd when you're visiting somewhere, then you go away for the weekend and come back, but you're still not home. I enjoyed the time with the kids - as it turned out there were 17 or so kids, all of them at the end of their sixth grade years. It was hard to tell whether or not I was having an impact on them during the different talks I gave, but I think for the most part at this age it's all about planting seeds. I was encouraged today as all the kids were clamoring for me to get in their vehicle on the ride home; but moreso when a girl gave me a little note thanking me for coming and saying she really liked when I talked about God to them. So hooray for that, in the end I had an awesome, and exhausting, weekend. Pictures definitely to follow - my camera decided to behave itself this weekend so I have some good ones.

No comments: