In the two weeks since the championship games, though, I've developed a rooting interest in one of the teams. I hereby consider the Pittsburgh Steelers the badguys, and the Seattle Seahawks the goodguys. Let us consider a few reasons Pittsburgh can be considered the evil team.
- Pitt wears black.
- They're called the STEEL-ers. You're not fooling anyone with that homonym crap, Pittsburgh.
- Joey Porter said that he could mug both Jerramy Stevens (of the Seahawks) and anybody stupid enough to rely on Stevens for protection in a dark alley. Truly this is a paragon of humanity that I want to see experience the joy of victory.
- Black and yellow are bee colors, and nobody likes to be around bees. They sting you for no good reason.
- Matt Hasselbeck is going bald but refuses to shave that little crown of hair around his head. That's the sign of a true man, and a good guy. He's not beholden to your conception of what a balding man should do. So n'yahh!
- Shaun Alexander is generally considered by everyone he's played against as a really nice guy. And check out his smile. Could a smile like that be evil? No way.
- They're from Seattle. Nothing evil has ever come out of Seattle!
- Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) has picked the Seahawks to win big.